As we go forward in our serving of God, we at First Presbyterian Church in Butte have come to organize themselves into various Ministries. These are emphases that help us as a church to grow in our faith, rear our children in the faith and seek to communicate God’s love to the world – both in Butte and around the globe. By doing this, we hope to be found faithfully serving our Lord Jesus Christ upon His return. When you become a part of our church fellowship you will be given various opportunities to join into this work of God’s Church – and you, by your obedience to the Holy Spirit will be led to the Ministry that God has for you.
- Teaching and Fellowship
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry — see more information about our Youth Ministry
- Adult Education
- Women’s Ministry
- Men’s Bible Study
- Service and Outreach
- Outreach — In addition to supporting the Missionaries and their families listed below – First Presbyterian Church has also worked to listen to God’s call upon our local congregation to “go out”into the world, whether that is through local, national or international efforts:
- Locally (here in Butte, MT) our members and ministry groups seek to help out financially and with feet on the ground at: The Butte Rescue Mission, the Butte Food Bank, New Hope Pregnancy Clinic, The Ronald McDonald house, Safe Space, and with the Beautify Butte community efforts.
- Nationally: FPC has sent out teams and individuals to work within Native American contexts, the Hurricane Katrina clean-up efforts (2005), as well as work done in the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma’s Food Bank work.
- Internationally; FPC has sent out short term teams and individuals to minister in Puerto Penasco, Mexico – building AMOR houses (2001); in the Yucatan Peninsula doing dermatological clinic work with Global Health Outreach (2010); in Chennai, India doing general health check-ups and screenings (2012); and in Ulan Bator, Mongolia in a medical education effort (2014).